Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 21 April 2012

All dressed up (posted by Claire)

Hi there, Claire here with a card using the scrummy new Haberdashery and Lace Fragments stamps.


These new stamps are fab and I think they're going to be one of my favourites. I had fun dressing up one of the dress form stamps with a little chiffon dress. The background was created using a resist technique - I stamped lots of the smaller stamps from Haberdashery with versamark and then applied lots of distress ink (Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet). The border is machine stitched. I've used the sentiment stamp on ribbon stamped with black stazon. 
The black lace was made by stamping one of the gorgeous lace borders on some tissue paper with black archival ink and pleating it as I applied it to a strip of double sided tape.

The little chiffon dress was really easy to make. I stamped and cut out the dressform and then took a couple of scraps of chiffon and stamped them with another lacy border (unfortunately it doesn't show up too well in the pic). To make the dress I just wrapped the stamped chiffon around the dressform using strong double sided tape to adhere it to the back of the image. To add a bit of bling I used a little crystal buckle on some narrow black ribbon. The dressform is layered up over a die cut stamped with another lace fragment.

The card is finished off with a couple of sparkly pins and some little black buttons
I think all of the DT have enjoyed working with these new stamps so make sure you keep popping back to see their beautiful projects.
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Claire. I love what you've done with the dressform, it could be stood in a designers studio. The new stamps are fab, and of course I must have both of them.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chiffon dress is a beauty & I love how real you made it look with the buckle & black 'belt'.
    Absolutely lovely combination of feminine classiness.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull card!!! I like the way you play with the stamp and made a dress on it, beautifull stamps again!!!

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have added that chiffon dress I would never have thought of doing that without your inspiring card. I also like the way you have added the black lace using tissue paper and double sided tape. All in all a gorgeous card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Claire. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! I love the softness of this card! Very feminine and pink and black together are just right! Like chocolate and peanut butter! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!