Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 16 June 2012

Hinged ATCs (posted by Judith)

When I received the new Steampunk stamps I decided that I would like to create a dimensional piece of artwork using two ATC sized pieces of wood. I had some chunky cogs that would make great little feet for these blocks. I painted the blocks using two different colours of acrylic paint, and then stamped a script stamp from the Mini Scripts stamp plate randomly over the background.

I stamped the small airship, and the small parachute with the key onto tissue paper, and applied these onto the blocks with Matte Medium so that the edges of the tissue paper disappeared into the background. I then decoupaged the larger details over the top. I added the Hat and the large sentiment to the other two panels, and some of the great words from the sets that are just so much fun. 'Toodle Pip' has to be my favourite! I used Polychromos pencils to colour all of my images. I added some small brass charms to accent the Steampunk feel, a cog, some binoculars, and a key. Finally, I added a couple more of the chunky cogs to the top of the blocks, and hinged the blocks together.




My Design Team mates have created some fabulous designs, keep checking back to see what they have made over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith x

8 comments:

  1. Another great Project Judith love these stamps ,and lovewhat you have done with them. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Judith
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole project is beautifully shabby chic & in keeping with these images - just mind boggling to think it's possible to create like this with stamps......I've a lot to learn.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the wood in this way. Love your background and the stamps you choose! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Buddy. These stamps are really fun and I love how you've used them with all the cogs and bits and pieces. The colouring is great too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea I love the look of this it's nicely shabby chic
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely project, the words on the back are so inspiring, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!