Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Through the window (posted by Claire)

Hi there, Claire here with an altered art project combining the beautiful new clear stamps 'Terrific Treescapes' with some of my favourite stamps from Christmas Creatures and Home Sweet Home.

I recently had a Graze Box delivered and as soon as I opened it I thought it would be perfect for making a window scene so these stamps were just perfect to put my idea in to practice.

I began by painting the box with white acrylic paint. I've used lots of masking and coloured the images with promarkers, adding the deep blue sky with chipped sapphire and broken china distress inks. I've added a die cut icicle border along the top of the window:
 .

Here's a photo of the front of the box, again combining Terrific Treescapes with Christmas Creatures.


I hope you like my little window scene
thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow Claire, this is stunning, perfect for that special card that we all leave until the last minute before Christmas.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The icicle border with the icy ribbon is really the 'icing' on this creation & i love the fact that you recycled something. The little robin on the front is so atmospherically Christmassy.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an excellent idea - I always think it's a shame to throw these boxes away.
    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! This is fantastic! Your sky is exquisite, with the blues fading from lighter to dark, and it looks like the Aurora Borealis! Have you ever seen it? Wonderful box! Clare xx :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!