Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 October 2013

Butterfly framed gift (by Debbie)

Hello. Something a little different from me today. I'm sure I'm not alone when you see something and think 'I'll use that one day.' I do that a lot. I bought this frame from IKEA quite a while ago and my hubby tried to use it for a photo he'd taken so I hid it with my crafty stash. When I received my Tim Holtz tissue I immediately knew it would look fantastic in the frame.
The frame comes with a mount which I covered with matte multi medium and carefully laid the tissue on to it. When dried, I trimmed out the centre then wrapped around the edges and rubbed with Antique Linen ink. A piece of white card that has been inked around the edges was placed into the aperture. I stamped many butterflies from different sets of Chocolate Baroque sets and placed them randomly on the card. It will be difficult to part with this so I may need to buy more frames to repeat for Christmas gifts. Thanks for stopping by today. Debbie

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Debbie, great vintage feel and great mix of CB butterflies. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely with the neutral colours & the combining of the tissue wrap with an assortment of CB butterflies - I'm not surprised you're going to keep this one for yourself.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!