Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 7 November 2013

Stepping Stones (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, here is another sample using the versatile Nature Fragments/Abstract Fragments multibuy stamp set. I have created a background by covering some watercolour paper with a wash of watercolour ink, and adding some salt while it was still wet. Once the background was dry, I brushed away the salt, and randomly stamped the squiggly texture stamp in Salty Ocean Distress Ink across the paper. I added highlights with a white pencil.

I coloured a piece of glossy card with alcohol inks and then stamped the large and small tree trunk circles several times in black ink. I cut these out, and arranged them across the page. I used another texture stamp and some blue green embossing powder to create a pattern across the wings of a die cut dragonfly.The sentiment was taken from the Words of Multibuy stamp set.


Something along these lines might make a great masculine themed card, which is always hard to design. Keep checking back for more inspiration from my team mates over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. I love how you have done the background on this card, those nature fragments are proving to be so versatile by all you fabulous DT members
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite striking combination of complementary colours - love the idea of the dragonfly flying through woodland with a clear summer sky & the sun shining (sentiment) evoked by the whole design. And I've just spotted the other image of the watery stream with the stepping stones & the dragonfly flying over….. that will teach me to read the post's title!
    Paula (PEP)
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue in the background, and very imaginative to use the tree rings as stepping stones. It's good to see something suitable for a man's card for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Judith! I love the way you've shaded the "steps". They look like fossilized amber, and would really look neat if you could encase the dragonfly in one! Well done! Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A clever card that looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!