Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Guest Blog Post - Chocolate Baroque Dream by Linda Simpson

Here is the next guest post in our mini series from Linda Simpson. This is her take on a circular design using the Tangled Fragments stamp set.


Today I am sharing my second GDT for Chocolate Baroque




1. Base card is cut out using Spellbinder Grande Scalloped Circle Die
2. The first layer is pale yellow card cut out with Spellbinder Grande Circle Die, I then inked around the edges with Dew Drop Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink
3. The background is made by using shaving foam and spraying Cosmic Shimmer Mica mists into the foam and placing the card onto the foam then lifting off, removing the foam which reveals the pattern.  
4. I stamped the image using Versafine Vintage Sepia and embossed with embossing powder, this was then cut out with scalloped circle die and the edges inked with Cosmic Copper ink. I coloured some of the shapes with Spica in brown and yellow.
5. To finish off I added the ticket Dream.

I don't know what you think but this reminds me of a cream pie, definitely dreamy! Well done Linda and thank you for sharing another lovely piece of artwork. If you would like to leave a comment that would be wonderful and you can see more of Linda's crafty work on her blog, Linda's Craft Piece of Heaven
 

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Linda,lovely colours,love the shaving foam technique.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of Klimt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw shells when I looked at this. Lots of little shells on a mussel background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern does look like shells and mussels Crafty. What a fabulous eye you have.
      Flo xx

      Delete
  4. I agree with Lucretia. It's very Klimt-like and some flecks of gold leaf would make it even more so. Very inspriational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design Linda, the background technique and colours look fantastic with the tangled fragment. Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card from Linda, love the yellows and browns - so perfect for the weather right now. It's a very different look and I love it! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab card Linda, I love the colours you've used and the layers of colour on the circle card. Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Linda. Gorgeous colour combo and I LOVE that the pattern is the focal point. Perfectly executed.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Linda. Very clever to use this shape of card it really brings out the beauty of the image. Fabulous layer. They add that touch of luxury. Great post. Really enjoyed reading. TFS.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!