Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 2 April 2015

Easter Eggs (by Julie)

Good morning. Today I have a trio of  cards created with the new Floral and Natural Egg sets for you so I hope there is one that you like. They were all created using basic stamping and masking so nothing too difficult at all.
  • I masked the edges of this card with ordinary masking tape before stamping the Floral Eggs. I then over stamped them with Distress Ink using the plain egg from the Natural Egg set so they were coloured in one press of a stamp. 
  • To get the shadow I cut a mask, inked up the plain egg using grey Versaink and then stamped the image just to the right. The sky is just blue Distress ink lightly brushed on and I have hand drawn the string and bow. 
  • The foliage stamp is from the Floral Edges set. I added in more grass by inking up the ends of the stamp and filling in the image.
  • After peeling off the masking tape I stamped the speckled and cracked egg designs from the Natural set around the edges and added a white highlighter and some Crystal Stickles to the eggs.

  • As before I masked the edges of the card and used the leaves from the Floral Edges set.
  • I stamped the eggs using the Natural set onto separate card and cut them out so I could arrange them on the main design.
  • The nest is created with a hot glue gun. I squirted the glue onto a non-stick mat and when the glue was set it was easy to peel off. Before gluing to the card I coloured the nest with alcohol pens.
  • I finished the design off by hand drawing an outline around the border.
This last card is just a bit of fun and only if you know the recipient would appreciate a cheesy pun!

  • I started by printing the sentiment from my computer and then stamped the eggs from the Natural set using the mask technique. Shadow under the eggs was added with a grey coloured pencil.
  • The sentiment was masked while I sponged the background with Distress ink and then finished off by stamping the speckled egg around the edges and the sentiment.

There is another egg design on my blog if you wish to take a look, but please pop back tomorrow to see another design team member's wonderful project.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards with the eggs. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Julie, I love how you've made the nest with the glue gun.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, there's not *one* I like, there's *three* :) Very nice, all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty Julie, including the one on your blog, and I love the hanging bauble design on the first, and then the clever nest using your glue gun on the second and the third is beautifully inked around the masked sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous makes. i adore them! and the cheesey pun is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shadowing of the eggs in the first & kit is superbly effective & I particularly like the dimension you created in the first for the frame really looks like it is way in front & the eggs are dangling behind from above. Your hot glue gun nest is brilliant in the second & the sketchy border gives a lovely 'free' look to the whole. The shabby vintage look of the third sample again utilises the speckles/spots stamps for a different purpose than the eggs & I like the depth again created, around the sentiment & in the 4 corners this time.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made beautiful cards with these stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great how your cards look elegant, original and made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love these Easter cards julie , great design and colours!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!