Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 5 April 2015

Floral Eggs (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks and a very Happy Easter to you! I hope you have a lovely day with lots of chocolate and of course some crafting too lol. Today's card features the gorgeous new clear stamps from  called 'Floral Eggs'. I've used this beautiful image to make a topper for my card but I think it would be a stunning pendant too.


I began with a distress ink background using Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw distress inks and stamped the corners using one of the stamps from Spring Bird Crocus with black ink, adding faux stitching around the edges. 

I stamped the image onto smooth white card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with my Graph'It markers. I cut the image out and triple embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I layered the image over a pretty heart shaped doily and added a little black bow.

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card I love the egg in the heart doily
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a lovely Victorian feel to it & would make a thoughtful sympathy card with the use of the black ribbon & the black stamped corners, change the colour - deep russet/burgundy for the black elements & you'd have a Valentine card! Very very versatile design indeed. I particularly like the way the olive green of the background is echoed in the leaves of the flowers on the egg & can imagine that the triple embossing is striking in real life.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pretty heart shaped doily makes a lovely bridge between the beautiful inky background and that gorgeous egg, and such a great idea to triple emboss it Claire. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. its stunning on a card Claire but I agree it would be a beautiful pendant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - got quite a vintage feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!