Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Steampunk Butterfly by Zoe

Good morning Lovelies, I can't believe we are near enough the end of January already.

So here is my final post this month, I thought I'd share with you 2 samples this time, both were featured on The Craft Channel and are from the "Steampunk Butterfly" set

My tag I used my Gelli plate to create the background and distress stain around the edges to make it more shabby.

My card was again created using my Gelli plate and the new background stamp, I stamped and cut out the butterfly and rose heads and leaves and decoupaged to create some depth and dimension, I coloured the roses with pencils, I was trying to get a metal look, I'm not a huge Steampunk fan, but I must say I really like this set, the butterflies are gorgeous and there such a fab range of worker stamps for building layers and textures, a very useful set.

Thank you again for visiting, have a great day xx Zoe xx

 

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Zoe and both so different. The tag more masculine in feel with the browns and the cog background and charms, and then one for the ladies with the flowers and butterfly and the pretty pink background. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two original and beautiful cards! Love the panels and roses on the second, but the first is so clever layered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they're both really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool work - love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your embossed background on the first card and your second is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, great colours and stamping, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both wonderful Zoe. Nice contrasts between the two.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!