Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Shimmering Poppies (by Penny)

Hello everyone, today sees the second of our posts this month from Penny Butler, our newest Guest Design Team member. This week, she has created a lovely poppy themed card for you. 

Penny writes:

Hi there, this is my second visit here and I've got a Poppy card for you today, featuring stamps from the Gothic Fragments and Poppy Meadow stamp sets, using the caught in crystal technique.

I started with a piece of white card and stamped the window slightly off centre. I masked the image and blended Distress Inks all over the panel. I faux bleached a stone wall effect on the background, making a stencil by die cutting a piece of scrap card and sponging water through it. I added some shadows by stippling grey ink through the stencil. I then stamped some grasses along the bottom of the panel. After removing the mask, I coloured the window image with water-based pens used as watercolours. I then stamped a sentiment using black ink.

I stamped and embossed the poppies onto acetate in black and turned the acetate over. I coloured the image with alcohol markers. I applied floor polish with some glitter added and then placed some crumpled tissue paper on top. When the polish had dried, I cut around the image, and attached it to the panel. I matted the panel onto some black card that I had embossed and gilded with metallic wax, and then attached this to a card blank. I finished the card with some red ribbon and a bow.


I hope that you've enjoyed this post, thank you for popping in :)

Penny will be back next week with her final project of the month, using the first set of stamps that she ever bought from Chocolate Baroque.


6 comments:

  1. Hello Penny,loving your stunning card, beautiful colours and design, the poppies stamped on to the acetate is a brilliant idea and really make it all pop,brilliant stamping with the images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bricks and gothic window and then that pop of colour with the poppies Penny. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textures! Love the poppies on acetate, they pop out very well! Fab bricks background and love the window arch with the light!! Very festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW stunning card and love the texture and great techniques
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, I always forget about that technique with the acetate, thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!