Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 18 February 2017

Krafty Kingfisher (by Asha)

Hello, friends! I'm back with another project idea. This time I'm going for an intensely vintage look using an image from the Kingfisher Song A5 stamp sheet.

I stamped the kingfisher onto a piece of kraft cardstock using Ranger Archival Potting Soil ink and coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos. For that aged look, I applied Distress Inks in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo all around the edge of the card. Finally, some Stardust Stickles and little white dots on the water to brighten things up.


This image is such a joy to colour and its so versatile too. I've got more details of tools and products over at my blog. My team-mates have created a few beauties  with this stamp to inspire you. And make sure you swing by the DT blog for more project ideas using Chocolate Baroque stamps featured on Hochanda.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Beijinhos,
Asha

8 comments:

  1. Amazing card!! Love how you coloured the beautiful bird and the scene look fabulous with these puffy clouds and the white dots on the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Asha what a stunner, your colours are so dramatic, beautifully coloured bird, fabulously designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Asha and I love the way you have made a vignette with the dark inking round the edges and the Polychromos pencil colouring is delightful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Aysha. Just got these stamps and am experimenting at the moment. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the colours! And what a beautiful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely Aysha. I have never tried stamping on Kraft card. I have to find mine now and give it a try. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!