Pin It button on image hover

Monday 5 March 2018

Village life by Brenda


Good morning Peeps, Brenda here with some creations using the houses that featured on Lesley's Hochanda shows last month.

My inspiration for this folded book card came from a small village just a few miles away called Abbots Ripton where the majority of houses and even the pub have thatched roofs, even the limited number of new properties which have been built in recent years have been kept to the same style.


I started by cutting from a good quality A3 card, two strips 6" deep x 18" long, scoring each to give three 6"x6" sections and then joining the two together in the middle.  To create the shy I gave a wash of blue Distress Ink and then bleached out some clouds, making sure I extended some of the clouds across the score lines.


Next I stamped the houses and church from Village LifeTown Houses and English Cottages sets and masked the buildings before stamping various trees from both sets and then building up colour using Distress Markers. I added some 'paving' using Large Crackle Background, hand drew some birds and finally drew a skyline linking each section and a few random stamped flowers.


This was a fun creation to make, not a quick make but really enjoyable and I hope I have offered a little inspiration for you to try something similar.


11 comments:

  1. Amazing card, love so much the concertina folding for this village, it seems really a paint and looks so sweet! Fab clouds with bleach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have put so much love into this and produced a stunning piece. thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - that's just amazing, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene, the clouds look amazing. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card. I feel like I could just lose myself in that beautiful village. I love how each part of the card contains a different scene. Fabulous work Brenda. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome folded card! I love the whole scene you created Brenda, what a beautiful village!!!
    Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Brenda this is awesome!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how fabulous Brenda, I love it, I feel like I could walk down the street. Wonderful stamping and colouring, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet creations. Great stamping and coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!