Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 May 2018

In an English Country Garden by Brenda


Good morning, it's my turn to share some more inspiration using the beautiful cottage garden flowers which featured in some of Lesley's recent Hochanda shows.

I adore Digitalis so the Honey Bee stamps set used on the above card really appealed to me, well all flowers do but anything associated with a traditional cottage garden reminds me of my childhood which is now reflected in my own gardens.

I started by stamping the Digitalis twice onto a piece of card, then cut around part of the blooms so that I could use a die to cut a square aperture.........by doing this you can carefully place the cut section outside the die so that they then lay over the aperture.


Next I have a 6"x8" canvas, it was a pre primed canvas but I gave it another coat of gesso  before building up the colour with acrylic paints and then added some texture with a stencil and texture paste coloured with the same yellow acrylic paint. I did the same with the tiny blue dots and then stamped around the edges with the honeycomb stamp from the Honey Bee stamp sheet. The digitalis were coloured with the same paints but watered down and the each cut out to place onto the canvas. The sentiments are from Amazing Macintosh Words.


The base of this card is brown and gold metallic acrylic paint brushed in both directions across the card and water added to give a ramdom look, he the honeycombe from Honey Bee stamped around the edges with Versafine Toffee. I stamped, coloured and cut out six of the Sunflowers from the same set, layered them up and added a sentiment from Words to Dazzle and Sparkle.


For my final card I usea a piece of black card for the base layer, a stencil and sprayed mica which was simply gold mica powder and water mixed together. The flowers from Fragrant Honeysuckle and Bee were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail white powder then coloured in with sparkle pens.

As always I really appreciate your visits and kind words.

10 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pieces af artwork and I really like the first one with the flowers in the foreground, they give the image both depth and perspective x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous cards Brenda, all so beautifully designed and coloured, like Sandra I especially love the first one, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful Brenda. No 1 is my favourite. Thank you for sharing your art. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've been busy! Love the whole collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards, Love them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards Brenda and one equally gorgeous canvas. I love the soft tones with that pretty country scene and the over the edge technique with the foxgloves, and then the bright yellows and blues for the canvas with so much background detail is delightful. The sunflowers all fussy cut make a great focal image with the soft brown background, and then lots of drama with the gold on black mica sunrays with the pretty white embossed and coloured honeysuckle flowers which really stand out against the black background. I adore them all! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous cards Brenda, I adore the Canvas. Beautiful designs and loving the colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a fabulous set of makes, Brenda. Different, but all beautiful!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous makes as always, Brenda!! An array of different works, all amazing! Love so much especially the canvas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!